Friday, April 3, 2015

Botanica Tea Altered Box


This is a fun springy project made for Graphic 45 with Botanical Tea.  



Botanical Tea Matchbook Box
Botanical Tea 6x6 Patterns and Solids
Botanical Tea Flowers
Shabby Chic Ornate Metal Keyholes
Shabby Chic Ornate Metal Key
Shabby Chic Ornate Metal Brads
Small Matchbook Box
Gesso
Twine
Resin Bird
Die Cut Bird Cage
Embossing Powder





This project started off with a Small Matchbook Box that I had primed with gesso one day when I did not have any creative mojo.  The white backdrop made for a perfect Botanical Tea spring scene. 




The birdcage was covered in thick bronze embossing powder to create a gilded look.  I love how the cage looks placed over the hole in the box.  The Shabby Chic metal staples have a lovely finish that coordinate well with the lightness I was going for in this fun little piece. 




Thanks as always for stopping by.  I hope you found a little spring inspiration today!

Cheers, 

Rhea



4 comments:

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!