Sunday, April 6, 2014

Graphic 45 2014 Final Audition



Once again I am absolutely thrilled to have made it to the finals for the Graphic 45 2014 Design Team!  In the video below I have chosen to take you on a tour of three projects that I think represent me as a designer including assemblage, mixed media and book making.




Since the Botanical Tea Printer Tray is new, I thought I should also post a few pictures of that.  I made this project just for this audition, so I would have a little something fresh and new.




The spring theme is perfect as the weather finally slowly turns.  It has been nice to get outside and catch a few rays of sunshine. There are additional bits of embellishments within the peice that have special personal meaning to me.  I love this aspect of assemblage and collage.  




I even saw a few real spring blooms on my walk today, a sure sign it is really on the way!




I just adore all the details inside of each cubby.  I was sure to even cover the tops and sides of each box to ensure that the patter repeated itself consistently.




I could not resist adding a few eggs to the mix, as they were perfect for this theme.




Thank you as always for stopping by!  No matter what the outcome of this audition, I have to say it has been a great year Graphic 45, and I have immensely enjoyed the journey.  

Cheers, 

Rhea

4 comments:

  1. You certainly deserve to get the position; hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the audition, love this new art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhea, your projects so greatly show off the papers and staples of Graphic 45 that they should be honored to have you on their design team! You also have a great video voice, you are clear, concise and interesting to listen to. You have managed to come up with some of the most creative, wonderful art projects I have ever seen, so you really should be a shoe-in at G45. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhea, this is such as pretty as it can be. I love all your small detail work, just stunning. I'm sure you'll be on the team again for the upcoming year, you're so talented.

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!