Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Romantic Steampunk Triptich



What a fun project this turned out to be, and I started with pretty much nothing.  I decided to up cycle the chipboard pieces that Alpha Stamps always sends along when you order printed collage sheets.  I turned them into this lovely triptych by using Tim Holtz's arch die, along with the movers and shapers.  You can see all the supplies I used here.




In order to get the plain old cardboard to look like metal, I used metallic stains, ink and gilders paste.  I think it is in the layering of different media that you really get good "faux" results.




In order to create a mystical look, I added a few sheets of mica over each of my images.  I love how this instantly ages the picture.




I added some of Tim Holtz's numeric rub ons through out the project to add a bit of whimsy.  I chose these because they echo the patter in the paper I chose.  I like to use rub ons because they are more dependable than stamping.



The heavy hinges also add a nice weight to this little trifold.  Adding in metal elements to my paper projects is one of my favorite things to do.

I hope you found a little bit of inspiration in the blog post today!

Cheers,

Rhea

5 comments:

  1. I love all your work but your Steampunk pieces really get me excited. This one is no exception. Excellent, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fabolous.... You made a fantastic job on this triptych.... Thanks a lot for sharing.
    Hugs from SPAIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the elegant look of this triptich.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You keep have successes....You are amazing...and I am so oroud of you....

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!