Sunday, October 20, 2013

Door Shrine with Ice Resin


I have been itching to get back to assemblage making and that is just what I did over this past weekend. This is my favorite art form and I am not quite sure why.  I guess there is something to putting things together dimensionally that pleases my sense of creativity.





To start off I painted the whole shrine kit with black gesso.  I then added my classic touch of gilders paste in silver.




The ornament on the door of the shrine was made with Ice Resin and a few broken jewelry bits.  I had to layer the resin on twice to get the effect I was looking for.  I backed the door with text and a layer of mica to add more interest and create dimension.




The inside of the door is backed with a map and an embossed piece of Spellbinders metal sheeting, which was aged with more gilders paste.  I chose the image of the compass because for me this represents new direction.




My focals on the inside are made from a few resin creations I made this weekend as well.  Here I have used some very fun techniques to create interesting textures in the resin.  I have embedded mica and I also used perfect pearls to color the resin.

I hope you enjoyed my little Door Shrine, stay tuned for more dimensional assemblage, I was a busy bee this weekend!

Cheers,

Rhea

4 comments:

  1. Very cool. I look forward to seeing what else you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, love the compass! I look forward to your posts and can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stunning your work is I love it xx

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!