Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Soul Restoration: part 1

I recently took the most wonderful course online with Melody Ross through her Brave Girls Club.  While there is a ton of cool art instruction to be had, it was the inner work that really resonated with me.  This course is truly changing my life.




We completed a ton of projects throughout the six week course.  Probably the biggest was the "Life Book," as the class focuses on creating the life you really want to live minute by minute.  This post will showcase a few spreads from my journal.  Stay tuned for another post later this week see my vision board, play list and box and a decision maker too!




I have to say, I am credentialed as a Master's Level therapist, and the exercises contained in this curriculum help students really evaluate thoughts, help to be more conscious, clearly set and measure goals and assist with potential pitfalls.  All things I would do in a therapeutic counseling setting.  I would recommend this course for anyone who enjoys art and self improvement.




I used lots and lots of spray inks through out this book.  One of my local art stores is going out of business so I took advantage and stocked up on lots of fun colors for my book.  I have to say that Melody Ross has totally broadened my color palate!




Another item I really enjoyed using in my book was rub ons.  These are so great as they do not need to dry!



Here you can see a really nice example of the spray inks with stencils.  I don't waste a bit of ink, once I use the stencil, I flip it over and use the sprayed side to print on the page.  




I made a pocket for each title page to tuck in notes and journaling from the class.  




There is still room for more embellishment and decoration on lots of these pages.  I anticipate that this is going to be a book I will be working in for a very long time.  




The exercise above is really helping me.  I am really not a big fan of what it looks like, but the content is awesome!  We made a map of our pitfalls and what we need to remember to avoid playing out old patterns again. 



This last image is from my belief/mission statement.  Another really good therapeutic exercise of the many we embarked on in class. 

I just started Body Restoration and I can tell it is going to be just as powerful. 

Cheers, 

Rhea 

4 comments:

  1. This class came at the right time for you. Congrats on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic. Sounds like a wonderful growing experience and you were artsy in the process of all those decisions. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a look at the website, but which class includes the Life Book? It looks like an interesting project!

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!