Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Under cover

This week over at Simon Says Stamp and Show their challenge is metal.  Boy, am I obsessed with metal right now.  I dream of someday expanding my repertoire of jewelry creation by stepping into metalwork.  For now, I just try to incorporate it via mixed media.  This time I made a book cover for my various challenge pages.  I only recently discovered this crafty online world and when I started doing challenges, I thought to start a chunky book to hold my collection.





The metal foil is from 10 Second Studio, I believe.  A lovely crafty pal gifted it to me, so I am not totally sure.  I embossed the foil and then sanded. The paper that frames out the metal is from Graphics 45.  I added a tiny bit of Tim's newer tissue tape, along with some ink here and there.  I also added corner shaped brads that I glued down and then hammered for texture.  Grommets were used on the cover as well as on each page to reinforce the holes for the bookbinding rings.  I love the fact that this allows me to easily add pages.



The inside cover has a great piece of embossed chipboard.  For this I simply inked it up with distress inks and glimmer mists.  I clipped another piece I did for a challenge inside.  Opposite the inside cover is my very first entry into a SSSSC, which just happened to make top three.  What a way to start with this lovely community!

Thanks for stopping by, I really do love to share my inspiration with you!

Cheers,

Rhea

17 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful! You do such great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun book. I love every detail you added. It is such a super idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful book. Love the embossed metal panel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, i'm in love! love how you combine everything, yummi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You HAVE to bring this book to the next Maven meeting! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book looks amazing... so much texture! Love all your add-ons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow clever you ! Fabulous work I just love all the grungy gorgeous stuff it's perfect.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Rhea! This is beautiful! I totally love it! Cool textures, colors, etc. Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! This is jaw-droppingly beautiful! I love the metal on the cover and the various metal embellishments you used too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous piece, love the cover, so much texture and love the embellishments. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Rhea (as always)!
    I LOVE the idea of a challenge book! I've been wondering what the heck to do with all the "stuff" I've been making for challenges and blog posts. This is a great solution! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous, can't wait to see your book in person!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing! The embossed cover is gorgeous and paired with the G45 paper really makes it pop. And the inside work - WOW! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally and utterly gorgeous, love the metal textures and it's contents.

    Gillian
    xx

    http://scrappydoo-gillian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful - The cover panel is stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...I'm having trouble finding a word to describe this spectacular piece...absolutely stunning and gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!