Monday, June 20, 2011

I'm Late!

This mixed media piece was made for a swap.  I had made my "Down the rabbit hole" assemblage with this swap as the inspiration, however, I ended up deciding to keep that piece because there were so many sentimental things inside it. You can read more about that piece here.

Since creating that first Alice piece, I stumbled upon a lovely blog called Altered Alice.  This month they are having a tea party challenge, which I incorporated into this piece.  For this challenge, I am also bringing some vintage linens to the party. 



I started with an old book cover.  It was then covered with a bit of floral paper by Tim Holtz, after all it is a garden tea party.  I edged the outside with tissue tap.  This is the best for covering up any mistakes in aligning your paper by the way.  A few spritz of glimmer mists added a bit of sheen to the background. 

I used an image I cut from a sheet of Graphics 45 paper, the lovely white rabbit who is running late for the tea party.  The mosaic pieces were made from two different types of fragments by Tim and Graphics 45 Halloween in Wonderland die cut tags.  The edges were coated with a silver leafing pen.  I played with layout a bit to determine a pleasing design and glued them down.  I wanted the party to be central, so I was sure to put this image in the middle. 

I am really loving this theme.  I think I may have a few more Alice inspired pieces in my future.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes do come visit the tea party at the Altered Alice we would love for you to share your piece!

    I am Meme one of the team members of Altered Alice and now a new member of ATT. Love them both!

    Very nice work! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for bringing your Vintage Linens to The Altered Alice Mad Tea Party!!! And that project is pretty FANTASTIC too, I really love it! The party being in the center is perfect, I love it that it started as a book cover, love the fragments and tags. The whole thing is perfect! Thanks again for playing along with The Altered Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have created an excellent mad tea party art piece! 2 of my favorites alice and halloween

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved the A in W images. Now that some of the paper companies are producing A in W paper I can see a whole lot of new projects to work on. Thanks for sharing your beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love how you used the fragment pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautifully done! Alice would be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous project, love all the different elements, beautifully put together. Thanks for joining us at The Altered Alice. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Better late than never! I just adore this piece...thanks so much for sharing it. I have to tell you that I was mesmerized by your down the rabbit hole shadowbox! All of the thought and detail that goes into your pieces is truly inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!